This is our personal database for everything related to our current RP! I’ll be updating this as often as I can, so if you need to catch up or re-read things, be sure to check in here every once in a while.
As always, our OOC post for fellow RPers that need a canon point for our characters can be found here, as well as one that lists our methods.
Setting: Thor/Avengers Marvelverse (AU)
Arc I: The Fight and Fate
- -Thor establishes his Tumblr as an attempt to understand Midgardian culture, Loki is quick to follow.
- -Tony Stark and Thor cross paths for the first time and bond over all the issues they have with their dads kicking them to the curb.
- -Thor admits he’s a god that’s been sent to time-out, but is quickly distracted by the news of his father’s ‘death’.
- -Loki is outed as a figure skater.
- -Thor is both bothered and perplexed by his brother’s staggering popularity. He chalks it up to sorcery. For once, Loki’s honest about having done nothing wrong, but he still takes the opportunity to use his new Midgardian friends as pawns. Thor is not amused.
- -Tony Stark trolls the god of trolling.
- -Loki confesses that he was the one responsible for alerting the guard, and uses it as an opportunity to make his brother feel worse.
- -Thor discovers Kanye West.
- -Loki also gives Thor the terrible news that he was the one responsible for leading the Frost Giants into Asgard. That bad news only gets worse when he adds on the truth of his frigid heritage.
- -A few days pass, Thor is still angry. He feels restless and demands to see Loki if only to satisfy his concerns for the safety of Asgard, considering it rests within his brother’s hands.
- -Darcy sets up her Tumblr account and chats with both Thor and Loki.
- -Frigga also finds her way into the world wide web and catches up with her sons.
- -Steve Rogers joins the crew, though a slip in time seems to have torn him from the future in a case of cruel irony. He catches up with Tony Stark, but finds that Thor has no idea who he is yet— and not only that, is mortal, of all things.
- -Loki finally agrees to speak with Thor in person. They share a brief, coffee soaked conversation that ends with a good amount of angst. Loki nearly sheds man-tears, but flees before that happens.
- -Thor and Loki’s friendship is summarized with a gif of an unhappy fish.
- -Jane creates her own Tumblr page. Loki is not happy about it.
- -Thor draws a picture to show off his artistic talents. Loki does one better.
- -Loki fusses at Frigga, his fragile mental state beginning to crack beneath the pressure of running a kingdom, dealing with his true bloodline, and all the little insecurities that piece together to form him completely.
- -Pepper shows up to keep Tony Stark in line.
- -Tony agrees to let someone have his suit in the event that he dies— as long as they’re willing to put up a fight for it.
- -Volstagg gives Loki a reason to scowl harder.
- -Sif simultaneously complains— albeit politely— that she has issues with not being allowed to head to Midgard.
- -Erik shows up to be the paternal party pooper.
- -Thor decides to be more zen for the sake of Loki’s sanity.
- -….It doesn’t work. Thor’s followers shower him with kindness and attention, and Loki’s temper skyrockets to dangerous levels of jealousy.
- -All hell breaks loose when Thor says the worst possible thing not once, but twice, despite good intentions. Loki snaps.
- -Miserable for having failed his brother, Thor takes a break from the internet to go get some ice cream with Darcy. Their trip is pleasant enough until they’re visited by a malicious god of mischief with murder on his mind. Darcy is turned into a living popsicle, and Thor is left bleeding on the pavement, barely alive.
- -Loki finds no joy in the near-death of his brother, allowing Jane to spirit Thor away to the hospital and save his life. He himself returns to Asgard and laments his own existence. If Asgardians had Linkin Park albums, he would play himself to sleep listening to it…
- -Thor awakens in the hospital— his most hated enemy. He complains about it, unable to get up and walk away. Loki says nothing, but secretly, deep down, is relieved to know his brother lives.
- -Loki also takes the opportunity to creep on Darcy.
- -Thor nearly slips up when talking about Loki to Erik.
- -Tony Stark decides it’s time to stop taunting the god of mischief and check on his brother, Thor, while he’s in the hospital.
- -The best image ever is born.
- -Fandral and Thor take jabs at one another for fun. (And then apologize because that is what bros do.)
- -Thor’s fractured jaw is wired shut. Many things in the hospital room are broken during this process.
- -Loki breaks the internet with his own spectacular quote.
- -Loki and Sif have a heart-to-heart. And by ‘heart-to-heart’ I mean that Loki is bitter and rageful, and does nothing but toy with Sif’s emotions. He can’t seem to forget about the past they shared, and how he feels he was simply tolerated by his so-called ‘friends’.
- -Steve Captain A-Mom-ica heads in to pay his friend a visit. The twist in time means he must reintroduce himself to one of his closest allies, while Thor has no idea who he is or why he should be trusted. Jane is not so keen on the idea, either.
- -Frigga tries to reach out to her son. Loki cares deeply for her, but his heart is still set on a dark path. Sadfaces everywhere.
Arc II: Heights of Shame
- -Steve uses his free time to revisit a few old memories.
- -Erik tries desperately to moderate the still quarreling Asgardian brothers. They never shut up.
- -Loki edges into creeper country once more, much to Thor’s dismay.
- -The situation escalates when Loki demands that Thor come clean about the exact reasons for his exile, and what the consequences could be for both their worlds.
- -Erik has Tumblr storytime, where he tells the Norse creation myth.
- -The universe is also definitely not ready for double-fandral.
- -This just in, Tony Stark still hates this thing.
- -Loki makes an easy-to-read checklist to see if you are annoying him.
- -Tumblr decides that in honor of Thor’s jaw being wired shut (and therefore unable to chew any solid food) that it will mock him for two days straight with everything and anything delicious ever. Loki, pleased by this, decides to toy with his loyal fans by offering them free hugs. This, of course, backfires for him when he realizes how dedicated they are to redeeming those vouchers.
- -A while later, Thor is due to be released from the hospital. What little Asgardian strength that was left to him (you know, the teeny bit that helped him survive being hit by a truck moving at full speed) has also made his wounds mend more quickly than usual.
- -Tony tries to soothe Tumblr after the layout change agitates pretty much everyone.
- -Loki hears of Thor’s imminent release, which coupled with his mother’s desire for grandchildren and a number of images of himself as a slightly bluer person, does much to send him into snark-mode.
- -Lady Frigga drowns her sorrows in booze. The next day leaves her with a hard, hard hangover.
- -At the same time, Thor is busy doing some heavy, heavy drinking with Erik.
- -Steve, worried about the trouble they are getting into, tries to locate them. It doesn’t go well, but eventually he finds them and takes away their internet connection. (And beer. And vodka. And shots.)
- -Steve also complains to Tony for his lack of help. He does, however, decide to stay in New Mexico to make sure that Thor survives long enough to reclaim his power. It probably wouldn’t work out well for the Avengers if he was killed off by his brother (or anything else) after all, and since he’s busy acting like an idiot frat boy, he needs some looking after.
- -Loki has had enough. He writes a letter to inform his subjects and family of a situation in Svartalfheim, stating that he’s going to take a little trip over to see the Dark Elves and keep them from buddying up with the Jotuns.
- -Thor feels guilty for the peril his home now faces. Erik and Steve both offer their company, and Thor takes a rain check in favor of some solitary star-gazing. Loki shows up unexpectedly, and the brothers vent their frustrations to one another. A short walk and a slightly eerie stop later, Loki backstabs Thor out of— surprise— envy.
Loki locks his brother in a cage of solid ice and takes off under the glamor of Thor himself, to try and see what it’s like to be loved for a change.
(Temporary link as Livejournal is not cooperating at the moment to make one solid post.)
- -Loki returns to town as Thor, meeting up with Selvig for a beer and some friendly banter.
That is all for now, but I’ll finish cleaning up the links and LJ posts and make a smaller, more concise version as well in case you don’t like skimming through faffery. :3